Thanks to all of you for posting your life verses on the FB page. Looking forward to hearing how these verses have shaped your life and leadership journey! In addition to the life verses we're going to cover "The Making of a Spiritual Leader."
In preparation for this coming week, consider these questions BEFORE you read the material (be ready to share your answers) ...
1. What does following Jesus look like to you? If someone totally new to faith environments were to ask you how to follow Jesus what would you say? How would you describe the journey?
2. How has your experience in "church" shaped what following Jesus looks like?
3. After you have read the material consider how your answer intersects with how Jesus described how He followed His Heavenly Father. How was your answer different from His description?
4. What would change in your leadership if you were to follow Jesus as He followed His Father? What would remain the same?
5. How will you pass along the insights you gain about following Jesus to the generation coming behind you?
This week's reading is found here: http://www.essentialleadershipapps.com/what-following-jesus-looks-like.html
I love this quote from an unnamed source at the end of Earl Creps' book ...
“Young and old, old and young working together taking advantage of the strengths that both have to offer . . . I am willing to submit to the next generation to learn from them the things I should and trust that I will be able to impart the few things I have gleaned in living life. Life on life investing in the lives of a few. What could one give himself to that would compare to this?”
The final paragraph includes this thought from Earl himself ...
"Two generations, one insight: the almost unexplored power of real collaboration."